Waist High Turnstiles
Our waist high turnstiles are installed in thousands of locations worldwide. Used for bi-directional access control, crowd control and patron counting, the EDC comes in square end and bullnose end cabinet styles in both standard and extended arm lengths.
Designed to last
EDC waist high turnstiles are made with high quality stainless steel and investment cast components. Designed to provide years of trouble free operation, our waist high turnstiles rotate smoothly and self-center when returning to the home position. The stainless steel cabinet is manufactured without visible bolts or fasteners, providing a clean, less industrial look.
Alvarado offers four EDC waist high turnstile versions: standard square end or bullnose end, or extended cabinet square end or bullnose end. Extended cabinet waist high turnstiles have longer rotating arms and provide a wider passageway for users.
- Stainless steel and investment cast internal components
- Smooth turnstile arm rotation with automatic self-centering
- Field configurable for single direction or bi-directional operation
- No exposed bolts or fasteners
- Standard or extended length cabinets with longer arms
- Designed for long term continuous usage
- Single passage control
- Easy to install and maintain
- Great looking product, regardless of finish
- Locking hinged lid provides security and easy service access
Ready to meet your needs
Unsurpassed entrance and flow control
EDC waist high turnstiles come in manual and electric lock control versions. All models have standard features that are expensive options on competing products.
Electric models provide bi-directional access control in conjunction with an access control system, or any device that can provide a dry contact output (such as a push button). Waist high turnstiles can be configured as either fail-safe or fail lock. When provided an “unlock” signal, the turnstile unlocks, allowing a single rotation in the requested direction. Upon completion of the rotation, the turnstile locks in the home position ready for the next activation. After rotation, EDC waist high turnstiles send a rotation signal that notifies the access control system that a passage has occurred. Card readers are easily integrated with the turnstile, mounted either on top of or underneath the lid. Optional user LED notification lights communicate the status of presented credentials to users.
Manual models are primarily used for pedestrian flow control and/or patron counting. For patron counting applications, each rotation activates a non-contact proximity switch which sends an output to an incremental counter installed in the turnstile cabinet. Counts can also be sent to Alvarado’s GateWatch facility counting software, or other products that can provide counting of entering or exiting patrons.
Both electric lock and manual versions have key locks on the underside of the interior facia that allow passage directions to be changed from locked to unlocked, or from controlled passage to free passage on electric models.
- Electric lock control and manual models
- Reliable turnstile controller provides significant surge and lightning protection
- Fail-safe or fail lock operation (electric models)
- Suitable for counting applications
- Low maintenance
- Features and options for all waist high turnstile applications
- Controlled rotation is safe for users and minimizes banging and over-travel
- Various options for patron counting
Visit our Resources page for drawings, manuals and application photos.
Security and crowd control applications
Employee access control | Visitor access control | Crowd control
Health and Fitness Clubs
Stadiums and Theme Parks
Employee Access and Visitor Management
Our electric lock control turnstiles integrate easily with facility access control and visitor management systems through standard dry contact inputs and outputs. A dedicated fire system input is also provided, and passage outputs are provided to validate user passage after activation. All models also accommodate a wide array of credential readers. The result is a versatile, robust and cost effective waist high turnstile security solution.
- Simplified integration to access control and visitor management systems
- Flexible credential reader attachment options allows use of existing readers familiar to users
- Dedicated fire input and various other available I/O
- Easily change waist high turnstile passage modes
Safety features you shouldn’t be without
EDC series waist high turnstiles are secure and safe. An adjustable dampener slows and cushions the arm rotation preventing over travel. This allows the arms to relock in the “home” position after each passage. It also improves user comfort and safety.
In access control applications the turnstile typically operates in fail-safe mode. When power is removed from the waist high turnstile, personnel can rotate the arms to exit. A drop arm version that provides a clear passageway when power is removed.
- Adjustable dampener provides a safe, controlled rotation and self-centering arm rotation
- Free egress in emergencies or loss of power
- Available drop-arm option provides a clear passageway when power is removed
The EDC series of waist high turnstiles are independently tested and certified by LA Testing Labs. They are also CE marked.
Waist high turnstile options include:
- Powder coat in our dozens of available colors
- Card reader cutouts for flush mounting of credential readers
- Card activation / status lights
- Resettable and non-resettable counters
- Portable base plates
- GateWatch counting software
Modular Post and Railing
Custom infill sections and modular post and railing are available to fill in open areas around installed turnstiles and gates. Learn more in our barrier and railing section.
Interested in our waist high turnstiles?
Please complete the form below or call 800-423-4143 to speak with a product expert.