Full Height Pedestrian Security Gate
Alvarado’s full height pedestrian security gate looks and functions much better than a chain link gate or a one-off fabricated solution. MSG full height gates have a large 48” opening width and are often installed in conjunction with full height turnstiles to provide passageways for accessibility or material deliveries. The individual frame and gate are welded assemblies and the various models provide several lock and push bar options. The gates ship pre-framed and fully assembled.
Built to last
The MSG full height pedestrian security gate provide a 48” opening width, and come pre-framed and fully assembled. All versions are manufactured with stainless steel hinges, pull handle, and a heavy duty hydraulic closure that closes the gate smoothly without slamming. Installation is quick and easy. Several options and finishes available.
- Six models available – refer to operations section
- Welded steel construction / engineered design
- Heavy duty hydraulic closure (all versions self-closing)
- Stainless steel hinges
- Wide 48” opening
- Arrives framed, pre-hung and fully assembled
- Suitable for outdoor environments
- Multiple options and finishes available
- Built to last
- Wider opening provides accessibility
- Install individually or in conjunction with full height turnstiles
- Very easy to install
- Easy to maintain
Ready to meet your operational requirements
Full height pedestrian security gate configurations:
MSG (no locking hardware) – Pull handle on the entry side only
MSG-1 (manual lock control) – Includes mechanical key lock control on the entry side, mechanical push bar on the exit side and infill mesh
MSGX (electric lock control) – Includes magnetic lock (fail safe) and pull handle on the entry side only
MSGX-PX (electric lock control) – Includes magnetic lock (fail safe), pull handle on the entry side, microswitch push bar on the exit side and infill mesh
MSGX-S (electric lock control) – Includes an electric strike lock (fail lock) and pull handle on the entry side only
MSGX-E (electric lock control) – Includes an electric strike lock (fail lock), key lock control and pull handle on the entry side, mechanical push bar on the exit side and infill mesh
- Non locking, key lock and electric locking versions available (both fail lock and fail safe)
- Right or left hand swing directions (specified at time of order)
- Push bar options for exit
- Infill mesh option prevents reach through
- Options to attach card readers
- Gates for virtually any application
- Highly versatile
- Electric locking models integrate with access control systems or provide push button access
Visit our Resources page for drawings, manuals and application photos.
Entry control applications
Perimeter control | Handicapped entries | Employee entrances | Material deliveries
Access Control Integration
Integrating an electric locking version of the MSG security gate into your facility is quick and easy. The MSG integrates easily with access control systems and can accommodate a wide array of credential readers. Upon loss of power, the MSG can either be fail-safe (magnetic locking versions) or fail-secure (electric strike versions).
- Simplified integration to access control and systems
- Flexible credential reader attachment options
Safety features you shouldn’t be without
MSG full height gates provide safe and secure operation. The gate is manually opened and once opened, the adjustable hydraulic closure provides a smooth closing. Upon power loss, the MSGX & MSGXPX gate versions provide free egress.
- Electric versions provide free egress upon power loss options
- Adjustable hydraulic closure controls closing speed
- Full 48″ opening for unrestricted passage
- Magnetic Door Contact Switch
- MSGXE & MSGXPX models allow users to exit freely by pressing the push to exit bar
The MSG has several available options, including:
- Manual or electric operation
- Magnetic lock
- Electric strike
- Fail-safe or fail-secure operation
- Different finishes
- Mounting plates for credential readers
- Pushbars for exit direction
- Push button assembly
Modular Barrier Sections
Custom fabricated barrier sections are available to fill in open areas around installed turnstiles and gates. Learn more in our barrier and railing section.
Interested in our pedestrian security gates?
Please complete the form below or call 800-423-4143 to speak with a product expert.