Design with a purpose
The SU3500 wing barrier optical turnstile has a sleek brushed finish stainless steel cabinet and solid surface lid which looks great in any installation environment. The footprint of the SU3500 makes it an excellent choice for large lobbies with significant floor space. The optical turnstile has crystal clear bi-parting panels that retract fully into the cabinets on authorization. The panels can be etched with corporate logos to further enhance the installation.
- Crystal clear bi-parting panels/wings
- Highly intuitive LED illuminated user graphics embedded in turnstile lid
- Create additional passage lanes by adding a single shared cabinet
- Handicapped passage width lanes available
- Multiple cabinet finishes and lid color options
- Optional panel etching
- Cabinet and lid options to blend with any environment
- Visual graphics provide guidance to users
- Transparent panels look great and increase visibility
Powered by innovation
Cutting Edge Technology
The SU3500 optical turnstile provides bi-directional access control in conjunction with a facility access control system. To enter, users present a valid credential which retracts the turnstile’s motorized barriers into the cabinet, allowing a single passage in the requested direction. If an unauthorized user attempts to tailgate on a valid entry, or attempts entry without authorization, the optical turnstile’s sensors recognize the illegal passage attempt and sound an internal alarm. The turnstile has several operational modes and features that provide a superb combination of safety, security and high user throughput.
The SU3500 optical turnstile is an IP enabled device. Turnstile settings are adjusted using an included web application. Using a PC, tablet or smartphone, configurable features – such as audio sounds, motor settings, detection settings, tailgate settings and alarm timer settings – are set and changed over a TCP/IP network. For installations where turnstiles are not networked, configuration changes are easily made by plugging directly into the turnstile’s configuration port.
- Card in/card out; card in/free exit; either or both directions closed for use
- Superior unauthorized passage detection
- Barriers quickly open and close to provide authorized passage
- Download configuration changes and custom audio sounds over a TCP/IP network
- Brushless closed loop DC drive system
- Multiple operation modes
- Virtually maintenance free
- Very intuitive for users
- Increases security by ensuring that only valid users gain entry
- Integrates easily with access control systems
- Supports rapid throughput
- Stacks access credentials and processes access control signals instantly
- Quick, precise and reliable panel movement – no need for constant adjustments
- Provides years of trouble-free operation
Access Control and Visitor Management
The SU3500 barrier wing optical turnstile integrates with virtually any access control or visitor management system and accommodates a wide array of credential readers. Dedicated fire or life safety system inputs are provided and outputs can be used to turn on cameras, lock interior doors and provide remote notification. The SU3500 is an optical turnstile that provides a superior access control and visitor management solution for facilities worldwide.
Lane Monitoring and Control
Alvarado’s GateKeeper Monitoring and Control software allows operational management of SU3500 optical turnstiles over a TCP/IP network. Among its many features, GateKeeper allows authorized personnel using a laptop, PC, tablet or similar device to change lane configurations and provide override activations for special circumstances such as visitors and deliveries. Passage directions can also be changed (and individual turnstiles opened or closed) automatically at pre-defined times to increase passage flow or heighten security during busy or slow periods.
- Simplified integration to access control and visitor management systems
- Flexible credential reader attachment options allows use of existing readers familiar to users
- Dedicated input for fire/life safety systems
- Multiple inputs to allow access control systems to implement operating mode changes
- Multiple outputs for integration with 3rd party systems and other devices
- TCP/IP enabled for remote communication and control of turnstiles
Never compromise safety
The embedded intelligence and advanced hardware of the SU3500 provides highly evolved safety features. The strategically placed safety sensors are constantly monitored to instantaneously stop the moving panels if a person or object is detected. In the highly unlikely event of a contact, our intelligent closed loop motor drive system detects the impact and immediately stops the moving panels. The panels can be forced inward to meet local life safety regulations. When the optical turnstile receives a fire/life safety input, the panels retract and remain open until reset. In the event of power loss, the barrier panels retract allowing free egress.
- Strategically placed safety sensors prevent retractable panel impact with persons or objects
- Intelligent drive system and pinpoint control of moving panels
- Panels retract freely upon loss of power or state of emergency to allow free egress
The SU3500 optical turnstile is independently tested and certified by LA Testing Labs. It is also CE marked.
The SU3500 has many available options, including:
- Alternate lid colors and materials
- Powder coated or plated cabinets
- Custom etching on panels
- Standard or handicapped lane widths
- GateKeeper control and monitoring software
- Floor saver platform
Elevator Destination Dispatch
Alvarado can integrate virtually any elevator destination dispatch display directly into the turnstile lid.
Modular Post and Panel Barriers
Custom infill sections and modular post and railing are available to fill in open areas around installed turnstiles and gates. Learn more about our modular post and panel barriers.
Visit our Optical Turnstiles Options Page for more information on available options for optical turnstiles.
Interested in our optical turnstiles?
Please complete the form below or call 800-423-4143 to speak with a product expert.