Compact and Beautiful
Design Without Compromise
The SU4500 is a stunning combination of security, safety, and aesthetics in a form-fitting installation footprint. Compact cabinetry combined with liberal use of crystal-clear materials provides a modern look that accentuates installation areas. The attractive look of the SU4500 can be further enhanced through an optional lighting package which allows users to illuminate the side panels (and the top and end lights, if desired) in any RGB color and create unique transition effects. Provided configuration software allows users to change lighting colors and transitions.
- Compact 38″ cabinet length
- Optional edge-lit LED illumination with user programmable transition effects
- Accepts all types of credential and biometric readers
- Add center cabinets to create multiple lane configurations
- Integrates to new or existing access control system
- Crystal clear swinging and fixed side panels
- Cabinet finish and lid color options to blend with any environment
- Custom etching and illumination options
- Compact footprint for environments where space is at a premium
- Automates employee and guest entry
- Transparent panels look great and increase visibility
- Fast user throughput
- Etching and illumination options provide unique branding opportunities
Reliable and Secure Operation
The SU4500 swinging barrier optical turnstile provides bi-directional access control in conjunction with a facility access control system. To enter, users present a valid credential which opens the turnstile’s motorized barriers away from the user, allowing a single passage in the requested direction. If an unauthorized user attempts to tailgate on a valid entry, or attempts to enter without authorization, the integrated sensors recognize the illegal passage attempt and sound an alarm. The SU4500 has a number of operational modes and features that provide a superb combination of security, safety and high user throughput.
The SU4500 is an IP enabled device. Core turnstile settings are adjusted in the field using an included browser-based application. Using a PC, tablet or smartphone, configurable features – such as audio sounds, motor settings, detection settings, tailgate settings, and alarm timer settings – are set and changed over a TCP/IP network. For installations where turnstiles are not networked, configuration changes are easily made by plugging directly into the turnstile’s configuration port.
- Card in/card out; card in/free exit; either or both directions closed for use
- Superior unauthorized passage and unauthorized presence detection
- Motorized panels open quickly and smoothly away from the user
- Download configuration changes and custom audio sounds over a TCP/IP network
- Brushless closed loop DC drive system
- Software adjustable panel holding force and operating speed
- Multiple operation modes
- Designed for continued use and maintenance free performance
- Highly intuitive for users and attendants
- Increases security ensuring only valid users gain access
- Integrates easily with access control systems
- Supports very rapid throughput
- Stacks access credentials and processes access control system signals instantly
- Quick and precise panel movement and alignment – no need for adjustments
- Easy to install – provides years of trouble free operation
Access Control and Visitor Management
Integrating the SU4500 optical turnstile into your facility is quick and easy. The SU4500 easily integrates with any access control or visitor management system and accommodates a wide array of credential readers. Dedicated inputs for fire or life safety systems are provided and outputs are available to turn on cameras, lock interior doors and provide remote notification of alarm events. The result is a barrier optical turnstile that not only looks amazing but provides superior access control and visitor management at facilities worldwide.
Lane Monitoring and Control
Alvarado’s GateKeeper Monitoring and Control software allows operational management of SU4500 optical turnstiles over a TCP/IP network. Among its many features, GateKeeper allows authorized personnel using a laptop, PC, tablet or similar device to change lane configurations and provide override activations or operating mode changes for special circumstances such as visitors and deliveries. Passage directions can also be changed (and individual turnstiles opened or closed) automatically at pre-defined times to increase passage flow or heighten security during busy or slow periods.
- Simplified integration to access control and visitor management systems
- Flexible credential reader attachment options allows use of existing readers familiar to users
- Dedicated input for fire/life safety systems
- Multiple inputs to allow access control systems to implement operating mode changes
- Multiple outputs available for integration with 3rd party systems and other devices
- TCP/IP enabled for remote communication and control of turnstiles over an Ethernet network
- Multiple operational modes including controlled passage, free passage and visitor
Safety Features You Shouldn’t Do Without
Embedded Intelligence & Advanced Hardware
The SU4500 provides highly evolved safety features. Strategically placed safety sensors are constantly monitored to instantaneously stop the moving panels if a person or object is detected. In the highly unlikely event of contact with a moving panel, our intelligent closed-loop motor drive system detects the impact and immediately stops the moving panel. The drive system offers variable panel holding force to balance security with local life safety regulations. When the optical turnstile receives a fire/life safety input, the barriers open in the exit direction and remain open until reset. In the event of power loss, the barrier panels can be moved freely with very minimal force.
- Strategically placed sensors prevent panel impact with persons or objects
- Closed-loop drive system provides pinpoint control of moving panels
- Free egress in emergencies or upon loss of power
- Software adjustable panel holding force
The SU4500 has many available options, including:
- Side panel lighting package that allows customizable illumination in any RGB color
- Alternate lid colors and materials
- Powder coated or plated cabinets
- Custom etching on panels
- Automatic barrier opening on loss of power
- GateKeeper control and monitoring software
- Floor saver platform
Elevator Destination Dispatch
Alvarado can integrate elevator dispatch displays into the SU4500 lid.
Modular Post and Panel Barriers
Custom infill sections and modular post and railing are available to fill in open areas around installed turnstiles and gates. Learn more about our modular post and panel barriers.
Visit our Optical Turnstiles Options Page for more information on available options for optical turnstiles.