Ready to meet your “New Normal” security needs
User verifies credentials, activating overhead sensor.
User enters turnstile and is detected by overhead sensor, activating rotation without contact.
Motorized, touchless rotation continues as user passes through turnstile.
As user exits the turnstile, rotation completes cycle and relocks, ready for the next passage.
Hygienic, touchless access control
Alvarado now offers North America’s most specified and used maximum security full height turnstile in a motorized, 100% touchless version. After presenting a valid entry credential, an overhead sensor detects the user as they enter. Rotation begins and completes automatically, eliminating the need for users to push their way through the turnstile. In free pass mode, users simply walk into the passage area. The overhead sensor detects the users presence and starts the rotation cycle, allowing exit. The result is a smooth and secure, completely touchless entry and exit passage.
Key Features and Benefits:
- True touchless entry
- No need to push though turnstile
- Reduces time and costs associated with sanitizing turnstile arms
- Overhead sensor smoothly starts motorized rotation
- Suitable for outdoor applications
- Provides a high throughput rate
- Integrates with any access control system
- Reduces staffing requirements
- Touchless field kits available to retrofit installed full height turnstiles
- Quiet, safe operation
- Single or bi-directional access control
- Either rotation direction can be fail-safe or fail-secure
Additional Motorized, Touchless Models:
- MSTT, CLST, CLSTT, CPST, CPSTT
Designed to last
The MST-TE touchless full height maximum security turnstile cuts no corners. Unlike competitive models that use individual parts that must be bolted together during installation, the integral sections of the MST-TE are delivered fully welded, creating a solid and secure product. Details matter, especially when manufacturing a full height security turnstile that will stand the test of time.
Key Features and Benefits:
- Highly reliable motorized drive
- Overhead activation sensor operates effectively under all lighting conditions
- Welded steel construction with no exposed bolts or fasteners
- Full-featured turnstile controller protects against electrical surges and is conformal coated to enhance weatherization protection
- Stainless steel top channel cover provided regardless of finish
- Suitable for outdoor environments
- Dozens of options and several finishes available
- Built in override controls for additional flexibility
- Designed for long term continuous usage
- Best in class security
Click & drag to rotate view.
Employee Access and Visitor Management
Integrating the MST-TE full height turnstile into your facility is quick and easy. The MST-TE integrates with virtually any access control or visitor management system and accommodates a wide array of credential readers. A dedicated fire system input is provided and passage outputs can be monitored to validate passage after activation, or to provide accurate people counting. The result is a full height turnstile that thousands of facilities worldwide rely upon for superior access control and visitor management.
Key Integration Features:
- Simplified integration to access control and visitor management systems
- Flexible credential reader attachment options allows use of existing readers familiar to users
- Dedicated fire input and various other available I/O
- Override controls for operational flexibility
- Easily change turnstile passage mode
Safety you expect from Alvarado
Safe, Secure Operation
MST-TE full height turnstiles provide safe and secure, touch-free operation. The motorized rotation is smooth and controlled, and touchless operation eliminates the need for the user to touch the turnstile.
If the arms impact an object during rotation, the full height turnstile’s intelligent motor drive system detects the impact and stops the rotation. This control increases user safety. After each passage, the rotating section of the full height turnstile smoothly returns to the home position and locks in place, ready for the next user.
In secured applications, the MST-TE is typically configured for fail-lock in the entrance direction and fail-safe in the exit direction. When power is removed from the turnstile this prevents people from entering but allows personnel to exit. Turnstiles configured for fail-lock in the exit direction can also provide free egress using local key override controls. Other ordering options are available and changing between fail-lock and fail-safe is easily accomplished in the field. A dedicated input for fire systems also provides free egress in the event of emergencies.
The MST-TE full height turnstile has many available options, including:
- Galvanized, power coated and stainless steel finishes
- User notification lights to provide status of presented credential (accepted/not accepted)
- Turnstile open/closed status lights
- Card reader attachment plates
- Battery backup
- Lock arm monitors (provides notification when turnstile is unlocked)
- Enhanced weatherization protection for demanding environments
- Padded heel / arm protective sleeves
- Copper arm sleeves to reduce surface life and transmission of harmful bacteria and viruses
- Field retrofit kits to convert installed MST full height turnstiles to touchless motorized operation are available
Full Height Barrier Sections
Full height barrier sections are available to fill in open areas around installed turnstiles and gates. Learn more in our full height barrier section.