Design without compromise
The ARGUS is simply a beautifully designed product. Its straight lines, geometrical corners and moving glass barriers create a modern conversation piece in any premium lobby. The slim form of the ARGUS’s cabinets allows for multiple lanes in minimal space, forming a lasting first impression.
- Three glass barrier height options, one polycarbonate option
- Standard and handicapped width lanes have same cabinet dimensions
- Shared center cabinets to create multiple lane configurations
- Highly intuitive LED illuminated user lights embedded in cabinet
- Crystal clear glass swinging barriers
- Cabinet finish and lid color options to blend with any environment
- Optional panel etching and/or ambient lighting
- Modern design blends with any lobby
- Slim cabinets allows optical turnstile use in compact spaces
- Transparent panels look great and increase visibility
- Cabinet and lid options to blend with any environment
- Visual graphics provide guidance to users
- Optional floor saver platform eliminates the need for anchoring and trenching through floor
Intelligent, reliable and secure operation
The ARGUS swinging glass barrier optical turnstile provides bi-directional access control in conjunction with a facility access control system. To enter, users present a valid credential which opens the turnstile’s motorized barriers away from the user, allowing a single passage in the requested direction. If an unauthorized user attempts to tailgate on a valid entry, or attempts to enter without authorization, the integrated sensors recognize the illegal passage attempt and sound an alarm. The ARGUS has a number of operational modes and features that provide a superb combination of security, safety and high user throughput.
Core turnstile settings are adjusted in the field using a Bluetooth connection. Using a PC, tablet or smartphone, configurable features – such as audio sounds, motor settings, detection settings, tailgate settings and alarm timer settings – are changed by connecting directly to the ARGUS.
- Card in/card out; card in/free exit; either or both directions closed for use
- Superior unauthorized passage and unauthorized presence detection
- Motorized panels open quickly and smoothly away from the user
- Download configuration changes and custom audio sounds over Bluetooth
- Brushless closed loop DC drive system
- Software adjustable panel holding force and operating speed
- Multiple operation modes
- Designed for continued use and maintenance free performance
- Very intuitive for users and attendants
- Increases security ensuring only valid users gain access
- Integrates easily with access control systems
- Supports very rapid throughput
- Stacks access credentials and processes access control system signals instantly
- Quick and precise panel movement and alignment – no need for adjustments
- Easy to install – provides years of trouble free operation
Access Control and Visitor Management
Integrating the ARGUS optical turnstile into your facility is quick and easy. The ARGUS integrates with virtually any access control or visitor management system and accommodates a wide array of credential readers. Dedicated inputs for fire or life safety systems are provided and outputs are available to turn on cameras, lock interior doors and provide remote notification of alarm events. The result is a barrier optical turnstile that not only looks amazing but provides superior access control and visitor management at facilities worldwide.
- Simplified integration to access control and visitor management systems
- Flexible credential reader attachment options allows use of existing readers familiar to users
- Dedicated input for fire/life safety systems
- Multiple inputs to allow access control systems to implement operating mode changes
- Multiple outputs available for integration with 3rd party systems and other devices
- TCP/IP enabled for remote communication and control of turnstiles over an Ethernet network
- Multiple operational modes including controlled passage, free passage and visitor
Safety features you shouldn’t be without
The embedded intelligence and advanced hardware of the ARGUS provides highly evolved safety features. The strategically placed safety sensors are constantly monitored to instantaneously stop the moving panels if a person or object is detected. In the highly unlikely event of contact with a moving panel, our intelligent closed loop motor drive system detects the impact and immediately stops the moving panel. The drive system offers variable panel holding force to balance security with local life safety regulations. When the optical turnstile receives a fire/life safety input, the barriers open in the exit direction and remain open until reset. In the event of power loss, the barrier panels can be moved freely with very minimal force.
- Strategically placed safety sensors prevent panel impact with persons or objects
- Intelligent drive system and pinpoint control of moving panels
- Free egress in emergencies or loss of power
- Software adjustable panel holding force
The ARGUS optical turnstile is one of the few products on the market that is independently tested by a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL). The ARGUS is ETL Listed, conforming to both UL and CSA standards. It is also CE marked.
The ARGUS has over a dozen available options, including:
- Alternate lid colors and materials
- Powder coated or plated cabinets
- Custom etching on panels
- LED side panel illumination and ambient lighting
- Multiple glass barrier heights
- Automatic barrier opening on loss of power
- Integrated barcode reader
- Universal reader mount for larger readers provides adjustable reader orientation
- Floor saver platform
- Climb over detection
Elevator Destination Dispatch
Alvarado can integrate elevator dispatch displays into the ARGUS lid.
Modular Post and Panel Barriers
Custom infill sections and modular post and railing are available to fill in open areas around installed turnstiles and gates. Learn more about our modular post and panel barriers.
Visit our Optical Turnstiles Options Page for more information on available options for optical turnstiles.