Designed to last
The CLST full height turnstile, like all Alvarado full height turnstiles, is built to exacting standards. Unlike competitive model, the integral sections of the CLST full height turnstile are complete assemblies, not individual parts that must be bolted together during installation. This creates a solid, secure and structurally sound product. Details matter, especially when manufacturing a full height turnstile to stand the test of time.
- Crystal clear side panels in an aluminum frame
- Fully welded rotating and barrier sections
- No exposed bolts or fasteners
- Stainless steel top channel cover
- High quality sealed and covered bearings
- Splined connection between the rotating section and top channel assembly provides a precision fit that minimizes play
- Full-featured turnstile controller protects against electrical surges and is conformal coated for enhanced weatherization protection
- Suitable for indoor and covered outdoor environments
- Dozens of options available
- Better sight lines and more aesthetic look
- Best in class security
- Designed for long term continuous usage
- One-to-one passage control deters tailgating
- Great looking product, regardless of finish
- Easy to install and easy to maintain
Ready to meet your security needs
Unsurpassed facility entrance control
The CLST full height turnstile comes in both manual and electric lock control versions. Both are richly appointed with standard features that are expensive options on competitor products.
The CLST provides bi-directional access control in conjunction with a facility access control system or any device that can provide a dry contact output (such as a push button). Card readers can be added to the full height turnstile and each direction can be configured as either fail-safe or fail-lock. In operation, when a valid credential is presented, the turnstile unlocks, allowing a single controlled rotation in the requested direction. Unauthorized entries, or attempts to tailgate on an authorized entry, are deterred.
The CLST full height turnstile has built in override controls that provide additional flexibility. Passage directions can be set for free passage, controlled passage or locked down.
- Single or bi-directional control
- Electric lock control
- Independent fail-safe or fail-secure operation
- Speed control to provide a controlled, safe rotation
- Automatic self-centering prevents over or under travel of rotating section
- Built-in override controls
- Rugged turnstile controller integrates with any access control system
- Low maintenance
- Secure and safe
- Intuitive for users and staff
- Integrates easily with access control systems
- Can be operated in unattended applications
- Controlled rotation minimizes physical abuse, banging and wear on components
- Simple to change between fail-safe and fail-lock operation
Access Control and Visitor Management
Integrating the CLST full height turnstile into your facility is quick and easy. The CLST integrates with virtually any access control or visitor management system and accommodates a wide array of credential readers. A dedicated fire system input is provided and passage outputs can be monitored to validate passage after activation, or to provide accurate people counting. The result is a full height turnstile security solution that provides superior access control and visitor management.
- Simplified integration to access control and visitor management systems
- Flexible credential reader attachment options allows use of existing readers familiar to users
- Dedicated fire input and various other available I/O
- Override controls for operational flexibility
- Easily change turnstile passage mode
Safety features you shouldn’t be without
CLST full height turnstiles provide secure and safe operation. Built-in speed control controls the arm rotation speed by self-adjusting to the pushing force of the user. Even when a user pushes hard on the turnstile arms, the speed of the arm rotation is controlled. This increases safety and reduces the chance of a rapidly spinning rotating section will catch a user’s heel. In addition to controlling the rotation speed, the full height turnstile’s speed control also greatly reduces the possibility that the rotating section will kickback toward the user at the conclusion of the rotation. After each passage, the rotating section smoothly returns to the home position and locks in place, ready for the next user. The unique cam design of the CLST full height turnstile also makes it mechanically impossible for a user to get locked inside the turnstile.
In secured applications the CLST is typically configured for fail-lock in the entrance direction and fail-safe in the exit direction. When power is removed from the full height turnstile this prevents people from entering but allows personnel to exit. Turnstiles configured for fail-lock in the exit direction can also provide free egress using local key override controls. Other ordering options are available and changing between fail-lock and fail-safe is easily accomplished in the field. A dedicated input for fire systems also provides free egress in the event of emergencies.
All weather arm and heel pads are available to slip over select arms on the rotating section for additional safety.
- Speed control provides a safe, controlled rotation and smoothly self-centers rotating arms
- Anti-entrapment design
- Free egress in emergencies or loss of power
- Optional heel / arm guards for select rotating section arms
The CLST full height security turnstile is independently tested and certified by UL, conforming to both UL and CSA standards. It is also CE marked.
The CLST full height turnstile has many available options, including:
- Galvanized, power coated and stainless steel finishes
- User notification lights to provide status of presented credential (accepted/not accepted)
- Turnstile open/closed status lights
- Card reader attachment
- Battery backup
- Lock arm monitors (provides notification when turnstile is unlocked)
- Padded heel / arm protective sleeves
Full Height Barrier Sections
Full height barrier sections are available to fill in open areas around installed full height turnstiles and gates. Learn more in our full height barrier section.