Security and crowd control applications
Health and Fitness Clubs
Stadiums and Theme Parks
Designed to last
The EDC-BN (bullnose cabinet design) and EDC-EBN (extended bullnose cabinet design) include all the same features as our EDC models, but add a bullnose shaped cabinet for an enhanced appearance. Crafted from high quality components, each model features stainless steel internal components and an adjustable dampener that slows and cushions the turnstile rotation and self-centers the arms to the home position. Fully welded rotating arm assemblies and no visible bolts or fasteners provide added security, aesthetics and reliability.
The EDC-EBN model includes an extended length cabinet for additional mounting space and longer rotating arms to create a wider passageway.
- Bullnose shaped cabinet for more aesthetic appearance
- Stainless steel internal components
- Smooth turnstile arm rotation with automatic self-centering
- Field configurable for single direction or bi-directional operation
- No exposed bolts or fasteners
- Excellent for more upscale environments
- Designed for long term continuous usage
- Single passage control
- Easy to install and maintain
- Great looking product, regardless of finish
- Hinged lid allows for easy access for service and installation
Ready to meet your security needs
Unsurpassed entrance and flow control
EDC-BN and EDC-EBN waist high three arm turnstiles come in both manual and electric lock control versions. All versions are richly appointed with standard features that are expensive options on other products.
Electric models provide bi-directional access control in conjunction with an access control system or any device that can provide a dry contact output (such as a push button). Electric turnstiles can be configured as either fail-safe or fail lock. When the turnstile is provided an “unlock” signal, the turnstile unlocks, allowing a single rotation in the requested direction. Upon completion of the rotation the turnstile locks in the home position, ready for the next activation. The turnstile also sends a rotation signal that can either be used by the access system for notification that a passage has occurred, or as a count output for facility counting purposes. Card readers are easily integrated with the turnstile, mounted either on top of the turnstile or underneath the lid. An option to provide LED notification lights to users is available.
Manual models are primarily used for pedestrian flow control and / or patron counting. For patron counting, upon rotation a non-contact proximity switch sends an output to an incremental counter installed in the turnstile cabinet, and/or remotely, in the form of a dry contact. Alvarado offers GateWatch facility counting software as well as other products that can provide counting of entering or exiting patrons.
Both electric lock and manual versions have key locks on the underside of the interior facia that allow passage directions to be changed from locked to unlocked, or from controlled passage to free passage on electric models.
- Electric lock control and manual models
- Smooth, automatically self-centering rotation
- Rugged controller integrates with any access control system (electric models)
- Fail-safe or fail lock operation (electric models)
- Suitable for counting applications (both versions)
- Low maintenance
- Extremely versatile and effective
- Safe for users, minimizes banging and over-travel
- Integrates easily with access control systems
- Various options for patron counting
Employee Access and Visitor Management
Integrating the electric version EDC-BN or EDC-EBN waist high turnstiles into your facility is quick and easy. Integrate with virtually any access control, visitor management system, or a simple push button. Both the models accommodate a wide array of credential readers. A dedicated fire system input is provided and passage outputs can be monitored to validate passage after activation, or to provide accurate people counting. The result is a versatile and cost effective security solution that thousands of facilities worldwide rely on for superior access control and visitor management.
- Simplified integration to access control and visitor management systems
- Flexible credential reader attachment options allows use of existing readers familiar to users
- Dedicated fire input and various other available I/O
- Override controls for operational flexibility
- Easily change turnstile passage mode
Safety features you shouldn’t be without
The EDC-BN and EDC-EBN waist high turnstiles provide secure and safe operation. Adjustable dampeners slow and cushion the rotation and provide automatic self-centering operation to the “home” position. This increases safety by controlling passage flow rates and preventing kickback of the rotating section toward the user when the turnstile relocks. After each passage, the rotating section smoothly returns to the home position and locks in place, ready for the next user.
In secured applications the EDC-BN and EDC-EBN is typically configured for fail-safe operation. When power is removed from the turnstile this allows personnel to exit. Other ordering options are available including a drop arm version that provides a clear passageway when power is removed.
- Adjustable dampener provides a safe, controlled rotation and self-centering arm rotation
- Free egress in emergencies or loss of power
- Drop-Arm option available to allow for clear passageway when power is removed
The EDC-BN and EDC-EBN waist high three arm turnstiles are independently tested and certified by LA Testing Labs. They are also CE marked.
The EDC-BN / EDC-EBN have many available options, including:
- Stainless steel finish (powder coat also available)
- Card reader cutouts for flush mounting of credential readers
- Card activation / status lights
- Battery back up
- Push button assemblies
- Resettable and non-resettable counters
- Portable base plates
- GateWatch counting software
Modular Post and Railing
Custom infill sections and modular post and railing are available to fill in open areas around installed turnstiles and gates. Learn more in our barrier and railing section.
Interested in our waist high turnstiles?
Please complete the form below or call 800-423-4143 to speak with a product expert.