Security and crowd control applications
Health and Fitness Clubs
Stadiums and Theme Parks
Designed to last
EDC and EDC-E (extended cabinet design) turnstiles are made with high quality components. Many of the turnstile’s internal parts are stainless steel. The turnstile arms rotate smoothly and self-center when returning to the home position. The turnstile does not have visible bolts or fasteners, which makes the turnstile better looking. It also improves security and safety.
The EDC-E turnstile has an extended cabinet and longer rotating arms. This creates a wider passageway for users.
- Stainless steel internal components
- Smooth turnstile arm rotation with automatic self-centering
- Field configurable for single direction or bi-directional operation
- No exposed bolts or fasteners
- Designed for long term continuous usage
- Single passage control
- Easy to install and maintain
- Great looking product, regardless of finish
- Top quality service and support
- Hinged lid allows for easy access for service and installation
Ready to meet your needs
Unsurpassed entrance and flow control
EDC and EDC-E waist high turnstiles come in both manual and electric lock control versions. The turnstiles come with standard features that are expensive options on competing products.
Electric turnstiles provide two way controls. They will operate with any access control system. The turnstiles can also be activated by any device that provides a dry contact output. When the turnstile receives a dry contact “unlock” signal, it will rotate once in the appropriate direction. After the turnstile rotates, the arms lock in the home position, ready for the next activation. The turnstiles operate in either fail-safe or fail lock mode.
The turnstile provides an output signal after the arms rotate. This signal notifies the access system that a passage has occurred. It can also serve as a count output for facility counting purposes. For counting applications, a digital counter can be installed in the turnstile cabinet. The turnstile can also operate with Alvarado’s GateWatch facility counting software.
Passage directions of both electric lock and manual turnstiles can be changed in the field with a key. Electrically controlled turnstiles can be changed from controlled passage to free passage.
Card readers integrate with the electric lock turnstiles. They can be attached to the top of the turnstile. Or they can be installed underneath the lid.
- Electric lock control and manual models
- Smooth, automatically self-centering rotation
- Rugged controller integrates with any access control system (electric models)
- Fail-safe or fail lock operation (electric models)
- Suitable for counting applications (both versions)
- Low maintenance
- Extremely versatile and effective
- Safe for users, minimizes banging and over-travel
- Integrates easily with access control systems
- Various options for patron counting
Employee Access and Visitor Management
Our waist high turnstiles will integrate easily with your building systems. Installation of card readers is quick and easy. The turnstiles have a dedicated fire system input. They also provide an output that can be used by the building system to verify rotation after activation. The EDC and EDC-E’s combination of features provides a very effective turnstile security solution.
- Simplified integration to access control and visitor management systems
- Flexible credential reader attachment options allows use of existing readers familiar to users
- Dedicated fire input and various other available I/O
- Override controls for operational flexibility
- Easily change turnstile passage mode
Safety features you shouldn’t be without
The EDC and EDC-E waist high turnstiles are secure and safe. An adjustable dampener slows and cushions the arm rotation preventing over travel. This allows the arms to relock in the “home” position after each passage. It also improves user comfort and safety.
In access control applications the EDC and EDC-E typically operates in fail-safe mode. When power is removed from the turnstile personnel can rotate the arms to exit. A drop arm version that provides a clear passageway when power is removed is available.
- Adjustable dampener provides a safe, controlled rotation and self-centering arm rotation
- Free egress in emergencies or loss of power
- Drop-Arm option available to allow for clear passageway when power is removed
The EDC and EDC-E waist high turnstiles are independently tested and certified by LA Testing Labs. They are also CE marked.
The EDC / EDC-E has many available options, including:
- Stainless steel finish (powder coat also available)
- Card reader cutouts for flush mounting of credential readers
- Card activation / status lights
- Battery back up
- Push button assemblies
- Resettable and non-resettable counters
- Portable base plates
- GateWatch counting software
Modular Post and Railing
Custom infill sections and modular post and railing are available to fill in open areas around installed turnstiles and gates. Learn more in our barrier and railing section.