Designed to last
The MSTT tandem full height turnstile cuts no corners. Unlike competitive models that use individual parts that must be bolted together during installation, the integral sections of the MSTT are delivered fully welded, creating a solid, secure and structurally sound product. Details matter, especially when manufacturing a tandem full height security turnstile that will be used for years.
The MSTT tandem full height turnstile’s space saving design requires approximately 30″ less side to side installation space than two individual turnstiles.
- Compact installation footprint
- Welded steel construction with no exposed bolts or fasteners
- Stainless steel top channel cover and internal parts
- High quality sealed and covered bearings
- Splined connection between the rotating section and top channel assembly provides a precision fit that minimizes play
- Full-featured turnstile controller protects against electrical surges and is conformal coated to enhance weatherization protection
- Suitable for outdoor environments
- Dozens of options and several finishes available
- Fit two turnstiles in more confined areas
- Best in class security
- Designed for long term continuous usage
- One-to-one passage control deters tailgating
- Great looking product, regardless of finish
- Easy to install and easy to maintain
Ready to meet your security needs
Unsurpassed facility entrance control
The MSTT tandem full height turnstile comes in both manual and electric lock control versions. Both are richly appointed with standard features that are expensive options on other products.
The electric model provides bi-directional access control in conjunction with a facility access control system or any device that can provide a dry contact output (such as a push button). The turnstile comes with attachment points for card readers and each direction of both rotating sections can be configured as either fail-safe or fail-lock. In operation, when a valid credential is presented, the turnstile unlocks, allowing a single controlled rotation in the requested direction. Unauthorized entries, or attempts to tailgate on an authorized entry, are deterred.
Both the manual and electric lock versions of the tandem full height turnstile have built in override controls for additional flexibility. Passage directions can be set for free passage, controlled passage or locked down.
- Single or bi-directional control
- Electric lock control and manual versions
- Independent fail-safe or fail-secure operation
- Speed control to provide a controlled, safe rotation
- Automatic self-centering prevents over or under travel of rotating sections
- Built-in override controls
- Rugged turnstile controller integrates with any access control system
- Low maintenance
- Secure and safe
- Intuitive for users and staff
- Integrates easily with access control systems
- Can be operated in unattended applications
- Controlled rotation minimizes physical abuse, banging and wear on components
- Simple to change between fail-safe and fail-lock operation
Employee Access and Visitor Management
Integrating the MSTT tandem full height turnstile into your facility is quick and easy. The MSTT integrates with virtually any access control or visitor management system and accommodates a wide array of credential readers. A dedicated fire system input is provided and passage outputs can be monitored to validate passage after activation, or to provide accurate people counting. The result is a tandem full height turnstile security solution that thousands of facilities worldwide rely on for superior access control and visitor management.
- Simplified integration to access control and visitor management systems
- Flexible credential reader attachment options allows use of existing readers familiar to users
- Dedicated fire input and various other available I/O
- Override controls for operational flexibility
- Easily change turnstile passage mode
Safety features you shouldn’t be without
MSTT tandem full height turnstiles provide secure and safe operation. Each rotating section has built in speed control that controls the arm rotation speed by self-adjusting to the pushing force of the user. Even when a user pushes hard on the turnstile arms, the speed of the arm rotation is controlled. This increases safety and reduces the chance of a rapidly spinning rotating section catching a user’s heel. In addition to controlling the rotation speed, the tandem full height turnstile’s speed control also greatly reduces kickback toward the user at the conclusion of the rotation. After each passage, the rotating section smoothly returns to the home position and locks in place, ready for the next user. The unique cam design of the MSTT also makes it mechanically impossible for a user to get locked inside the turnstile.
In secured applications the MSTT tandem full height turnstile is typically configured for fail-lock in the entrance direction and fail-safe in the exit direction. When power is removed from the turnstile this prevents people from entering but allows personnel to exit. Turnstiles configured for fail-lock in the exit direction can also provide free egress using local key override controls. Other ordering options are available and changing between fail-lock and fail-safe is easily accomplished in the field. A dedicated input for fire systems also provides free egress in the event of emergencies.
All weather arm and heel pads are available to slip over select arms on the rotating sections of the tandem full height turnstile for additional safety.
- Speed control provides a safe, controlled rotation and smoothly self-centers rotating arms
- Anti-entrapment design
- Free egress in emergencies or loss of power
- Optional heel / arm guards for select rotating section arms
The MSTT tandem full height turnstile is independently tested and certified by UL, conforming to both UL and CSA standards. It is also CE marked.
Interested in our full height turnstiles?
Please complete the form below or call 800-423-4143 to speak with a product expert.