Form follows function
The newly redesigned SU3000 drop arm optical turnstile is another superior Alvarado optical turnstile product. The SU3000’s slim cabinet design, attractive brushed finish stainless steel cabinet and solid surface lid look great in any environment. The compact footprint of this optical turnstile makes it an excellent choice for installations with limited floor space. Another advantage of the SU3000 optical turnstile is that both standard and handicapped passage width configurations have the same cabinet dimensions.
- Slim cabinet design
- Standard and ADA width lanes have the same cabinet dimensions
- Create additional passage lanes by adding a single shared cabinet
- Highly intuitive LED illuminated user graphics embedded in turnstile lid
- Multiple cabinet finishes and lid color options
- Slim cabinets allow installation in compact spaces
- Cabinet and lid options to blend with any environment
- Visual graphics provide guidance to users
Real smarts under the attractive exterior
The SU3000 drop arm optical turnstile provides bi-directional access control in conjunction with a facility access control system. To enter, users present a valid credential which retracts the turnstile’s motorized barrier arms down and into the cabinet, allowing a single passage in the requested direction. If an unauthorized user attempts to tailgate on a valid entry, or attempts to enter without authorization, the integrated sensors recognize the illegal passage attempt and sound an alarm. The SU3000 has a number of operational modes and features that provide a superb combination of security, safety and high user throughput.
The SU3000 is an IP enabled device. Core turnstile settings are adjusted using an included web application. Using a PC, tablet or smartphone, configurable features – such as audio sounds, motor settings, detection settings, tailgate settings and alarm timer settings – are set and changed over a TCP/IP network. For non-networked installations, configuration changes are easily made by plugging directly into the turnstile’s configuration port.
- Card in/card out; card in/free exit; either or both directions closed for use
- Superior unauthorized passage detection (tailgating, crawl under, etc.)
- Drop arms retract quickly and smoothly to allow passage
- Download configuration changes and custom audio sounds over a TCP/IP network
- Brushless closed loop DC drive system
- Multiple operation modes
- Virtually maintenance free
- Very intuitive for users and attendants
- Increases security ensuring only valid users gain entry
- Integrates easily with access control systems
- Supports rapid throughput
- Stacks access credentials and processes access control signals instantly
- Quick, precise and reliable arm movement – no need for constant adjustments
- Reduces security staff requirements
- Provides years of trouble free operation
Access Control and Visitor Management
The SU3000 drop arm optical turnstile integrates with virtually any access control or visitor management system and accommodates a wide array of credential readers. Dedicated fire or life safety system inputs are provided and outputs can be used to turn on cameras, lock interior doors and provide remote notification. The SU3000 is a drop arm optical turnstile solution that provides superior access control and visitor management solutions for facilities worldwide.
Lane Monitoring and Control
Alvarado’s GateKeeper Monitoring and Control software allows operational management of SU3000 optical turnstiles over a TCP/IP network. Among its many features, GateKeeper allows authorized personnel using a laptop, PC, tablet or similar device to change lane configurations and provide override activations for special circumstances such as visitors and deliveries. Passage directions can also be changed (and individual turnstiles opened or closed) automatically at pre-defined times to increase passage flow or heighten security during busy or slow periods.
- Simplified integration to access control and visitor management systems
- Flexible reader attachment options allows use of existing readers familiar to users
- Dedicated input for fire/life safety systems
- Multiple inputs to allow access control systems to implement operational mode changes
- Multiple outputs available for integration with 3rd party systems and other devices
- TCP/IP enabled for remote communication and control of turnstiles over an Ethernet network
- Multiple operational modes including controlled passage, free passage and visitor
Never compromise safety
The embedded intelligence and advanced hardware of the SU3000 provide highly evolved safety features. The strategically placed safety sensors are constantly monitored to instantaneously stop the moving arms if a person or object is detected. In the highly unlikely event of a contact, our intelligent closed loop motor drive system detects the impact and immediately stops the moving arms. The arms can be forced downward to meet local life safety regulations and vertical “breakaway” arms are an available option. When the optical turnstile receives a fire/life safety input, the arms drop and remain open until reset. In the event of power loss, the barrier arms drop freely and/or with minimal force to allow free egress.
- Strategically placed safety sensors prevent drop arm impact with persons or objects
- Intelligent drive system and pinpoint control of moving drop arms
- Arms drop freely upon loss of power or state of emergency to allow free egress
The SU3000 optical turnstile is independently tested and certified by LA Testing Labs. It is also CE marked.
The SU3000 has many available options, including:
- Alternate lid colors and materials
- Powder coated or plated cabinets
- Arms breakaway horizontally and automatically return to normal closed position
- Standard or handicapped lane widths
- GateKeeper control and monitoring software
- Floor saver platform
Elevator Destination Dispatch
Alvarado can integrate virtually any elevator destination dispatch display directly into the turnstile lid.
Modular Post and Panel Barriers
Custom infill sections and modular post and railing are available to fill in open areas around installed turnstiles and gates. Learn more about our modular post and panel barriers.