Big things do come in small packages
The SU2000 barrier free optical turnstile has a very compact cabinet that saves valuable floor space. Its slim profile, attractive brushed finish stainless steel cabinet and solid surface lid creates a very upscale look suitable for nearly any environment. Both standard and handicapped passage width configurations have the same cabinet dimensions.
- Slim and compact cabinet design
- Standard and handicapped width lanes have same cabinet dimensions
- Highly intuitive LED illuminated user graphics embedded in turnstile lid
- Multiple cabinet finishes and lid color options
- Small footprint cabinet allows optical turnstile use in compact spaces
- Cabinet and lid options to blend with any environment
- Visual graphics provide guidance to users
More than a pretty face
Behind the curtain
The SU2000 optical turnstile provides barrier free access control in conjunction with a facility access control system. In controlled passage mode, upon receipt of a “valid” signal from the access control system, the SU2000 optical turnstile allows a single user to pass through the turnstile in the requested direction. If an unauthorized user attempts to tailgate on the valid entry, or attempts to enter without authorization, the integrated sensors recognize the illegal passage and sound an alarm.
The SU2000 optical turnstile is an IP enabled device. Core turnstile settings are adjusted using an included web application. Using a PC, tablet or smartphone, configurable features – such as audio sounds, detection settings and alarm timer settings – are set or changed over a TCP/IP network. For non-networked installations, configuration changes are easily made by plugging directly into the turnstile’s configuration port.
- Card in/card out; card in/free exit; either or both directions closed for use
- Superior unauthorized passage detection
- Download configuration changes and custom audio sounds over a TCP/IP network
- Highly reliable and virtually maintenance free
- Very intuitive for users and attendants
- Supports high throughput rate; processes users as fast as they move through the turnstile
- Integrates easily with access control systems
- Audible alarms that notify of invalid entry attempts create a more secure environment
- Provides years of trouble-free operation
Access Control and Visitor Management
The SU2000 optical turnstile integrates with virtually any access control or visitor management system and accommodates a wide array of credential readers. Dedicated fire or life safety system inputs are provided and outputs can be used to turn on cameras, lock interior doors and provide remote notification. The result is a barrier free solution that provides superb access control and visitor management at facilities worldwide.
Lane Monitoring and Control
Alvarado’s GateKeeper Monitoring and Control software allows operational management of SU2000 optical turnstiles over a TCP/IP network using a PC tablet or smartphone. Among its many features, GateKeeper allows authorized personnel to change lane configurations and provide override activations for special circumstances such as visitors and deliveries. Passage directions can also be changed (and individual turnstiles opened or closed) at pre-defined times to increase passage flow or heighten security during busy or slow periods.
- Simplified integration to access control and visitor management systems
- Allows use of existing readers familiar to users
- Dedicated fire system input
- Multiple inputs to change operational modes
- Multiple outputs available (i.e. counting, alarms) for streamlined integration with other 3rd party systems
- TCP/IP enabled for remote communication and control of turnstiles
Never compromise safety
A major advantage of the SU2000 barrier free optical turnstile is that it’s barrier free. Since there is no barrier, free egress is always a possibility in the event of emergencies. Also included is a dedicated input for fire/life safety to deactivate the alarm output during emergencies. And since both standard or ADA accessible lane widths use the same size cabinets, it’s easy to accommodate all types of traffic.
- Barrier free design prevents entrapment
- Dedicated input for fire/life safety deactivates alarm for free egress
- Standard and handicapped passage width options provide safe passage for all persons
The SU2000 optical turnstile CE marked.
The SU2000 has many available options, including:
- Alternate lid colors
- Powder coated or plated cabinets
- Standard or handicapped lane widths
- GateKeeper control and monitoring software
- Floor saver platform
Modular Post and Panel Barriers
Custom infill sections and modular post and railing are available to fill in open areas around installed turnstiles and gates. Learn more about our modular post and panel barriers.